Retirement & Estate Planning
Have you ever asked yourself the following questions?
- Will I be able to retire early? Will I have enough income to live comfortably in my “golden years”? Will I receive CPP and Old Age Pension benefits when I retire?
- Will my beneficiaries have to sell the assets of my estate to cover the taxes payable? Will my spouse have enough income to live comfortably should I predecease them?
Retirement planning is an extremely important process. We can provide you with the foundation for developing and implementing a comprehensive retirement plan. The planning process consists of:
- Setting your retirement date
- Estimating your income requirements
- Analyzing pension income splitting strategies
- Estimating your lifestyle expenses
- Analyzing your current retirement funds
- Calculating the savings needed between now and retirement in order to meet your estimated income and expenses
- Monitoring your retirement plan progress on a regular basis
At Smith, Sykes, Leeper & Tunstall LLP, our experienced professional staff can help you best transfer your property in the event of death or incapacity. We can give you the comfort of knowing that your accumulated wealth is protected and that your family will be provided for. We will assist you in setting up a properly structured estate plan that will:
- Identify your beneficiaries
- Maximize your assets
- Minimize your costs and taxes
For additional information and for suggested steps in estate planning, click here.