Applications are open for the new Ontario Main Street Relief Grant, which helps small businesses with the unexpected costs of PPE.
To be eligible, your business must have 2 to 19 employees and be in one of the following sectors:
- accommodation and food services
- repair and maintenance
- personal and laundry services
- gyms and yoga studios
- arts, entertainment and recreation
What you’ll get
Eligible small businesses will get one-time grants of up to $1,000.
What You’ll Need to Apply
Business and Banking Information
You will need your business and banking information to apply, including:
- general business information (for example, CRA business number)
- banking information (for example, banking institution, account number, branch code)
You will need to submit receipts or proof of costs for PPE purchased since March 17, 2020.
- gloves, gowns, face shields, eye protection, masks, sanitizer, sanitizing wipes
- thermometers, temperature monitors or cameras
- physical changes, including the installation of hand sanitizer stations and plexiglass dividers
- signs to guide or inform customers and employees